There are two kinds of sports enthusiasts; those who go out there and actively participate in sports. Others sit in front of their television 안전놀이터 sets and get their dose of action. But somewhere in between on the blurry line stand sports lovers who make it their business to profit through their understanding and knowledge of a certain sport. After all, every sports fan thinks he can do a better job than his favorite team’s captain or marshal his resources better than the coach. So why not prove it and make some bucks through Online Sports Betting?
But like any sports action full of thrills and edge of the seat excitement isn’t for a week hearted fan, Online Sports Betting isn’t for faint hearted either. You might think you know best about your favorite sport, but things might not go your way on a given day. Like on sports field when overwhelming favorites get knocked out. So always weigh your options carefully before placing your bets and remember false bravado won’t get you anywhere.
If you are in America, you’d probably want to bet on your favorite sports like Basketball, American Football etc. The basic principles for online betting, be it American Basketball Betting or American Football Betting, remain the same. Your job is to beat the oddsmaker and make some money, while in the process you can have some fun as well.
There are different types of bets you can make and there are variations of these available with several online betting companies. It’s important to specify the kind of bet you are placing, which might be tricky for a starter.
Are you interested in sport but unable to partake in them? Then maybe online sports games are for you. Maybe you are a sports fanatic and have to ‘live’ sport every spare moment, on the field and on the internet. Whatever your reason online sports gaming is a great pass time activity giving you skills in strategy and hand-eye coordination.
There are many online sports games in a wide variety of sports. But for them to work properly you need a good computer system and fast internet connection/ Dial up would not be suitable. You do not want to run the risk of a computer freeze just at that point you are about to win the game (or not!!)
You can play free games or paid games. Just make sure you know if it is a one time payment or recurring fee for the paid sites. Sometimes you get free trial periods first before given the chance to pay a membership.
When you enter a site you are given a wide range of information including how to play the game. But there are also message boards and chats you can enter into with other interested players for tips and advice. In fact it can become a real bonding experience and source of new and solid friendships.
Let’s have a look at three online sports.
1. Ice Hockey: There are many sites which offer ice hockey in different forms and looks. For some sites you can hook into playing with players of a similar level to you and other sites you can hook onto playing with players that are better or worse than you. Each game site will have levels and for some sites you are only allowed to move onto the next level with so many points earned for wins and other accomplishments.The best idea would be to get familiar with the game and play at your comfort level.
With online ice hockey you can have the opportunity to play fantasy league using the free league option for the casual or beginning player and the paid league options for the more experienced players. What you have to do is draft out one team and play against others on the same league. With some sites you may be up for prizes or trophies for successes.
2. Soccer: These games are gaining popularity as they try to be representative of the real sport. There are many sites to choose from with most sites having great graphics and stunning sound. You can choose to play professional players as your online alter ego or a more generic type of play.
3. Basketball: If you are too short, out of shape or just plain lazy then being a National Basketball Association (NBA) Star is out of the question. However with today’s age of the internet you can hook into an online game of basketball with people from all over the world and have a great workout. Online basketball gives you a chance to play in a game which you are not capable of partaking in. There are many forms of the game including fantasy league games where you build your own team and control the action and play.
And so the list could go on with many other online sports games to choose from. Basically they all require a good computer system and all have membership options ranging from free to a fee.
Online sports betting provides an experience you can have while sitting at your computer in the comfort of your own home. To be able to do this, you first need to pick a sports book that is suitable for your use. Because there are quite a few of them, including some scams or sites that are not trustworthy, take a little time to decide. Here’s what you should consider when making your final decision:
1. The reputation of the sports book. Go through the online reviews and read several websites because you need to take everything with a pinch of salt. It is not uncommon for sports books to own review sites which naturally give them dazzling reviews. If the site has a reputation for any prior problems or delayed payouts, it is not the site for you.
2. The bets that you can place. Make sure that the site offers the kinds of bets that you wish to place. Moreover check that the minimum and the maximum limits on bets suit you.
3. The ease of use. The website you pick should be easy to use and easy to navigate so that you can place your bets with a minimum of effort and fuss. This also reduces the chances of making a mistake.
4. Bonuses. Different sports books offer different bonuses and incentives. Most of these involve deposits so make sure that the rules about deposits do not make it difficult for you to earn your bonuses.
Online Sports Bets: Below are some of the more common bets that you can place through online sports books.
Spread betting: The odds makers often create the points advantage in favor of the underdog to equalize the position. This is common in high-scoring games such as basketball or football. If you bet on the underdog and the spread is five points, you win if the underdog wins or loses by less than five points.
Totals: The odds makers post a “total” which they think is the combined total of the score of both teams. If you think that the score will be more, you bet on an Over and if you think that the score will be less, you bet on an Under.
Money line: This is a straight bet which does not require much calculation and merely requires you to pick the winning team. This type of bet can be placed on team sports and also on individual sports such as boxing and the martial arts. Typically, the number next to the favorite has a minus sign in front of it and indicates how much you need to bet to win $100. For instance, -110 means you need to bet $110. Similarly the underdog will have a plus next to the number which shows how much you will win for a bet of $100. For instance, + 110 means that you will win $110.
Parlays: Instead of betting on each game, you can bet on the results of multiple games with one bet and this is called a parlay. You stand to win a lot of money if you call all the results correctly. Naturally, this is a high risk bet where the house has a substantial edge.
Teasers: Some sports books also offer teaser bets where the spread is reduced and so is the payout. For instance, if you make a teaser bet on the underdog and the spread is reduced from 12 points to five points, you win if your team loses by less than five points but you will also get inferior odds.