The cover of a acim authors is perhaps more important than the content itself. This is because sometimes people just pass over a book with an ugly cover without caring about the content because it looks so banal and unappealing that nobody wants to waste their time reading a snooze-fest in today’s day and age.
Since your book cover design is the first thing anyone would notice even before they pick up the book, here are some tips every book conceal originator should keep in mind while creating the perfect cover:
– Make sure that the cover that you are designing is a 100% original. Sometimes the book cover designs of the books that you love tend to subconsciously stay in your mind and you emulate their elements unknowingly, which can result in accidental plagiarism.
– Get down to the very core of the book’s meaning and purpose. Then interpret this into a workable design for the cover. A good book conceal designer knows how to find the perfect image that is the best representation of the essence of the book.
– Select a font that is prominent and legible for the title and the name of the author. You can convey slight variations in the letterings to show different meanings. For example, elegant scripts work best for romance novels, while bold scripts will be perfect for sci-fi.
– Try to have a four color set for the hues on the cover. A six color palette is also ideal.
– Make sure that you play around with several color schemes for all of the different elements of design. Book cover designers know that color is an essential part of the cover just as much as the main image and fonts.
– If you have good money for your book cover design, then do go for raised lettering for your cover font. Do remember that the cover of a book should stand out sharply in a comparatively smaller jpg format, as a lot of people buy books online.
– Never neglect the spine of the book. A neglected spine is the sign of an incompetent book cover designer. You might think that you can get away with overlooking a simple spine design, but since most books are placed spine-first in shelves in shops, the spine is the first thing a customer sees when picking out his/her book.